This teriyaki baked chicken recipe is so easy! You can use chicken breasts or wings in place of the thighs. We love to pair this teriyaki chicken with the spaghetti squash chow mein or the cauliflower “fried rice”.
- 9-12 Skinless Chicken Thighs (whatever fits in your dish)
- Teriyaki sauce (home-made recipe below or use Coconut Aminos Teriyaki Sauce)
For home-made teriyaki sauce:
- ½ cup Raw Honey (local is best)
- ½ cup Coconut Aminos
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- For the home-made teriyaki sauce, combine all ingredients listed for the sauce in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil then let the sauce simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly and bubbles. (IF using store bought teriyaki sauce you can skip this step)
- Place chicken thighs in a 9×13 baking dish lightly greased with coconut oil or olive oil. I open the thighs so they cook quicker, but that also takes up more room so I can only fit 9 in the dish.
- Brush chicken with the teriyaki sauce. Turn chicken over and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, brushing with sauce every 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and bake for an additional 20 minutes, brushing with sauce every 10 minutes.
- Make sure the internal chicken temp is 165F. If your chicken thighs are large, you may need to cook them longer.
- Serve hot.
Original recipe found here: Baked Teriyaki Chicken