- 9-12 Skinless Chicken Thighs (whatever fits in your dish)
- Teriyaki sauce (home-made recipe below or use Coconut Aminos Teriyaki Sauce)
For home-made teriyaki sauce:
- ½ cup Raw Honey (local is best)
- ½ cup Coconut Aminos
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- For the home-made teriyaki sauce, combine all ingredients listed for the sauce in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil then let the sauce simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly and bubbles. (IF using store bought teriyaki sauce you can skip this step)
- Place chicken thighs in a 9×13 baking dish lightly greased with coconut oil or olive oil. I open the thighs so they cook quicker, but that also takes up more room so I can only fit 9 in the dish.
- Brush chicken with the teriyaki sauce. Turn chicken over and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, brushing with sauce every 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and bake for an additional 20 minutes, brushing with sauce every 10 minutes.
- Make sure the internal chicken temp is 165F. If your chicken thighs are large, you may need to cook them longer.
- Serve hot.
Original recipe found here: Baked Teriyaki Chicken